Things don’t always go according to plan in life. Sometimes we are fighting to squeeze a workout into our day. So here are 5 tips to get the best out of your short session:
1) Just like any session you should be going in with a plan of action (exercises, reps/sets & weights). I would suggest you have alternatives incase the machine you need is taken.
2) Aim to make the most out of your training by performing exercises with the biggest impact i.e. compound movements.
3) Modify the workout as much as required. One of my favourite ways to do this is to superset exercises.
4) Get the headphones on! You don’t need to have a conversation with everyone. Go in with tunnel vision and get the job done. If you want to avoid conversations the bigger the headphones the better!
5) If you have a choice between going in the morning or evening after work, go in the morning. The gym won’t be as busy and you will be more likely to stick with the plan.
So try these tips the next time you’re in a rush.
Bonus tips: Just because your time is cut short doesn’t mean you should go into a session with a bad mood. Life gets in the way sometimes but you just have to make the best of a bad situation.